(Note: Links are to answers on this page. Scrolling will reach the answers as well.)
If you would ever like me to speak, I'd be happy to. Typical groups can range in size from five and up. Some professional groups have integrated my lectures
into their continuing education programs. To inquire about a lecture for your group please email Mary or call 408.371.4847
clients always welcome.
Please email Mary or
Popular topics for professionals:
- Sex therapy - diagnosis and treatment of sexual problems
- Talking about sexual issues with patients
- Women’s health & body image
- Sex, health & menopause
- When sex hurts: Diagnosis and interdisciplinary treatment of vulvar, vaginal and pelvic pain
- Sex Education: “Early Intervention Parenting” for professionals
Popular topics for non-professionals:
- Sex after baby?
- Keeping love & sex alive in a long term relationship
- Sexuality and chronic illness
- Sex education “Early Intervention Parenting”
- Protecting your child from sexual abuse
- Assertiveness training, boundaries & self esteem
- Working with difficult people
Books & Videos: Resolving Sexual Concerns
Some sexual concerns are caused by lack of information. Very often a book or video can resolve these problems. Should the problem persist, contact a sex therapist for specialized help.
- Great Sex for Moms, Valerie Raskin, M.D., Simon & Schuster, 2002
- For Each Other: Sharing Sexual Intimacy, Lonnie Barbach, NAL/Dutton, 1983
- For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality, Lonnie Barbach, Doubleday, 1976
- Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women, Julia Heiman & Joseph Lopiccolo, Simon & Schuster, 1992
- Coping With Premature Ejaculation: How to Overcome PE, Please Your Partner & Have Great Sex - Michael E. Metz and Barry W. McCarthy, 2004
- The New Male Sexuality, Revised Edition, Bernie Zilbergeld, Random House, 1999
- Coping With Erectile Dysfunction: How to Regain Confidence and Enjoy Great Sex - Michael E., Ph.D. Metz and Barry W., Ph.D. McCarthy, 2004
Sexual Recovery After Sexual Trauma
- The Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse
(Revised Edition), Wendy Maltz, Quill, 2001.
Desire / Couples Sexuality
- Hot Monogomy: Essential Steps to More Passionate, Intimate Lovemaking, Patricia Love and Jo Robinson(contributor), Penguin USA, 1994
- Enduring Desire, 2010 Barry W. McCarthy
- Rekindling Desire: A Step by Step Program to Help Low-Sex and No-Sex Marriages - Barry W. McCarthy and Emily J. McCarthy, 2003
- 101 Nights of Grrreat Sex: Secret Sealed Seductions for Fun Loving Couples, Laura Corn, Park Avenue Publications, 1996.
- It's So Amazing! A Book About Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and
Families - Robie H. Harris Robie H. Harris and Michael Emberley, 1999
- It's Not the Stork: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families
and Friends (The Family Library) - Robie H. Harris and Michael Emberley , 2008
- Let's Talk About Sex - Robie H. Harris and Michael Emberley, 2010
- It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health (The Family Library) - Robie H. Harris and Michael Emberley (Hardcover - Sept. 8, 2009)
- Beyond the Big Talk: A Parent's Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Teens, Second Edition - Debra W. Haffner, 2008
- From Diapers to Dating: A Parent's Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Children, Second Edition - Debra W. Haffner, 2008.
Relationship and Communication
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide
from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver, 2000
- Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts
Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship by John M. Gottman, Julie Schwartz Gottman, and Joan Declaire, 2007
- Why Marriages Succeed or Fail: And How You Can Make Yours Last
by John Gottman, 1995
- The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage
, Family, and Friendships by John Gottman, 2002
- Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples, 20th Anniversary
Edition by Harville Hendrix, 2007
- Getting the Love You Want Workbook: The New Couples' Study Guide
by Harville, PhD Hendrix and Helen, Ph.D. Hunt, 2004.
- Forgive For Good, Fred Luskin, PH.D., Harper Collins, 2002.
- After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful, Janis Abrahms, PhD Spring, Michael Spring
(Contributor), HarperCollins, 1997.
- Crazy Time: Surviving Divorce and Building a New Life, Abigail Trafford
, Harper, 1993.
- Should I Stay or Go: How Controlled Separation (CS) Can Save Your Marriage, Lee Raffel & Jean Houston, McGraw Hill, 1999.
- Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way by M. Gary Neuman and Patricia Romanowski, 1999.
- Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends, 3rd Edition (Rebuilding Books; For Divorce and Beyond) by Bruce Fisher , 2005 - CD
- Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes for Your Child by Isolina Ricci, 1997.
- Mom's House, Dad's House for Kids: Feeling at Home in One Home or Two by Isolina Ricci, 2006.
Gay, Lesbian, & Bisexual
- Lesbian Sex, Joann Loulan, Spinsters Ink, 1999.
- Permanent Partners: Building Gay and Lesbian Relationships That Last, Betty Berzon, Plume, 1990.
- The Bisexual Option, Fritz Klein, MD, Haworth, 1993.
- The Porn Trap: The Essential Guide to Overcoming Problems Caused by Pornography by Wendy Maltz and Larry Maltz, 2009.
- Facing the Shadow: Starting Sexual and Relationship Recovery, Patrick Carnes, Hazeldon, 2001.
- Don't Call It Love, Patrick Carnes, PH.D., Bantam, 1992.
Pain Management / Sex Without Pain
- Managing The Pain Before It Manages You, Margaret Caudill, Guilford, 1995.
- Sex and Back Pain, Lauren Andrew, Pt., Herbert, IMPAAC USA, 1997.
- The Chronic Pain Control Workbook: A Step-by-Step Guide for Coping With and Overcoming Pain, Ellen Mohr Catalano, Ph.D., Kimeron N.
Hardin (Contributor), New Harbinger Publications, 1996.
- Secret Suffering: How Women's Sexual and Pelvic Pain Affects Their Relationships (Sex, Love, and Psychology) by Susan Bilheimer and Robert J. Echenberg M.D., 2009.
- The V Book: A Doctor's Guide to Complete Vulvovaginal Health, Stewart, Elizabeth, and Spencer, Paula, Bantam Doubleday Dell Pub, 2002.
- A Headache in the Pelvis: A New Understanding and Treatment for Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes - Perfect Paperback - David Wise and Rodney Anderson, 2010.
- A Woman's Guide to Overcoming Sexual Fear & Pain by Aurelie Jones Goodwin and Marc E., M.D. Agronin, 1997.
- National Vulvodynia Association: www.nva.org
- Pelvic Power: Mind/Body Exercises for Strength, Flexibility, Posture, and Balance for Men and Women by Eric N. Franklin
- The Female Pelvis Anatomy & Exercises - by Blandine Calais-Germain
- www.vaginismus.com - treatment kit.
Depression & Anxiety
- The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook, E. Bourne, PH.D., New Harbinger, 1995.
- Mind Over Mood, Dennis Greenberger & Christine Padesky, Guilford, 1995.
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by M.D. David D. Burns (Paperback - 2000)
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety (What to Do Guides for Kids) - Paperback (Sept. 2005) by Dawn
Huebner and Bonnie Matthews ...and others in a series of books on mental health issues. Written for kids but great for adults!
Order catalogs and videos from:
July 22, 2011